If you have been reading you know that I am not a big cook. I want a easy recipe that will take me no time to make. I love making desserts for my family. It makes the dinner special. They also love the surprise that I made them something special. My problem is I usually think of dessert last minute. Usually it is while I’m cooking dinner! COOL WHIP Whipped Topping has always been staple in my fridge. I pull it out and I can make my little Key Lime Pies, Chocolate Pudding Martinis, or just use it as a fruit dip. You can make so many great easy everyday desserts using COOL WHIP. It really compliments any type of dessert you make. It also really helps that my husband and B are pretty big fans of COOL WHIP too!
When I was thinking of a recipe to share I had to go back to my roots. You all know that I am a Florida girl. Florida is famous for its Key Lime Pies! When I moved away I was so bummed because I really couldn’t find a restaurant or grocery that carried a pie that I really liked. So I had to come up with something of my own. I was like a mad scientist in my kitchen. I wanted a super easy no bake recipe that tasted similar to those great Florida pies! After a couple fails, I finally found a recipe that I really liked.
Here is my easy go to Key Lime Pie Recipe when I feel like I am missing home:
3/4 cup of fresh lime juice
14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
1 box of Vanilla Jello Pudding and Pie Filling (5.1 oz box)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons of butter
16 oz. of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Green food coloring
- Whisk together the lime juice and sweet condensed milk.
- Whisk in pudding mix. I then added a few drops of green food coloring to give it a little color.
- Let the pie filling set for a few minutes.
- While you are waiting prepare the crust. Mix together 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of butter in a separate bowl.
- After the filling has set for about 5 minutes add 4 oz. of COOL WHIP to the mixture.
- Now you layer, you can put this in any type of cup (martini glass, jar, wine glass, small bowl etc.) The first layer is graham cracker, then pie filling, then COOL WHIP. I repeat this once more and add a few graham cracker crumbs to the top. You can garnish with a lime.
So simple and perfect for summer!
I thought putting it in a jar would make the cutest surprise gift for a friend. Just top the lid with a cupcake liner, add a spoon, and you have an adorable gift!
Do you have a favorite recipe using COOL WHIP? Let me know! I am always eager to try out new COOL WHIP recipes!
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.