So this is the easiest blanket I have made. I wanted to make something cute for a friend that just had her baby and for my new little one! This is what I came up with. Here is a brief rough tutorial on how to make one of these cute baby blankets of your own! I also had enough fabric to make 2 burp clothes as well!
You will need:
- 1 1/2 Yards of Fabric
- 1 1/2 Yards of soft minky type of fabric for the backing
- Sewing machine, Thread
(if you only want to make the blanket you will only need 1 yard of fabric.)
The finished blanket measures 31 x 43 and the 2 burp clothes measures out to be 7 x 19.
Here are the steps:
- Lay out and cut your fabric. Cut a rectangle measuring 32 x 44. Then two smaller rectangles of 8 x 20 for your burp clothes. Cut the same for the minky fabric.
- Once it has been cut lay fabric right sides together (the wrong side of the fabric will be facing you) Pin around the edges.
- Sew all the way around the blanket using about a 1/4 inch seam. Make sure to leave about 5 inches open to pull the good side through.
- Flip the blanket back out by pulling through the hole you left open and iron the blanket flat. Close the opening by tucking in the fabric and pinning down.
- Top stitch around the entire blanket. Follow the steps 2 -5 for the burp clothes.
There ya go! A super easy baby blanket and burp clothes great for new moms!
Here is the one I gave a friend recently:
The whale one I made at the top is for my new little man!! I’m going to make some curtains soon out of the same fabric. I think the whales are so cute.
Have a great Tuesday!!!
Linking up to these great parties!